For decades, the economic development of The United Arab Emirates (UAE) was based on their crude oil and gas reserves. However, in the early nineties, the UAE federal government decided to pursue a diversification program aiming to reduce its monetary dependence to oil.
As a result, UAE grew an appetite for developing its financial service sector, aiming to become a regional financial centre.
International Financial Centres (IFCs) serve as clusters of excellence and expertise in economic and financial services and strive to deliver inclusive and sustainable development as part of an integrated network. IFCs display modern networks and infrastructures, flexible yet sound regulation and the ability to attract foreign investors.
Dubai has a natural proximity and a lot of business and cultural affinities with Northeast African countries while Mauritius has maintained great closeness with Southeast African countries.
With more than 28 years of experience in setting up Trusts and Foundations in Mauritius, DTOS has the skills and competencies in the setting up of such vehicles in the UAE.
The opening of our regional offices in Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah has broadened the possibilities for investors to operate through a complementary jurisdiction and offer them the opportunity to choose within additional vehicles and therefore, to maximize their advantages for cross-border investments into Africa.
• Digitalised Client Screening, profiling and enhanced due
Assistance to comply with US Foreign Account Tax
Compliance Act (FATCA) & OECD Common Reporting
• Apply the prescribed due diligence rules and completing the
• Design and implement internal processes and procedures to
ensure compliance under FATCA/CRS;
• Assist in compiling, assessing, validating and reporting the
reportable information under FATCA/CRS to the competent
authorities in XML format.
• Run an independent onsite AML / CFT audit
• Run a Consultancy and Project Development programme
• AML / CFT Risk Management
• Data Protection Framework
• Legal and Regulatory Updates