Mauritius offers many of the features global multinationals are looking for when establishing a treasury centre.
As a legal prerequisite, a treasury centre in Mauritius is required to provide at least 3 of the following treasury services to at least 3 related entities: –
- Arrangement for credit facilities, including credit facilities with funds obtained from financial institutions in Mauritius or from surpluses of network companies.
- Arrangement for derivatives.
- Corporate finance advisory.
- Credit administration and control.
- Factoring, forfeiting and re-invoicing activities.
- Guarantees, performance bonds, standby letters of credit and services relating to remittances.
- Management of funds for designated investments.
It should be noted that a treasury centre benefits from a 5-year tax holiday, subject to meeting specific prescribed requirements.
DTOS provides a full and comprehensive range of services which will include:
- Company formation.
- Provision of registered office, company secretary and resident directors.
- Management and administration services.
- Tax and accounting services.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and tax residency requirements in Mauritius.