The Financial Services Act 2007 promotes the setting up of Global Treasury companies.
A company providing any 3 of the following services to 3 related corporations would be eligible for a Global Treasury Licence from the FSC in Mauritius:
- Arrangement for credit facilities, including credit facilities with funds obtained from financial institutions in Mauritius or from surpluses of network companies
- Arrangement for derivatives
- Corporate finance advisory
- Credit administration & control
- Factoring, forfeiting and re-invoicing activities
- Guarantees, performance bonds, standby letters of credit and services relating to remittances
- Management of funds for designated investments
- Any other global treasury activity as may be specified in the FSC Rules.